Monday, April 25, 2011

Busy Bee

Pictures to come soon, I promise!  I just need to upload them.  Until then....here are more stories.

My return from Chiang Mai was greeted by a wall of work.  I had a presentation on Monday that I worked all day for.  It ended up being postponed until the next week, and I now know I firmly believe it's not better to get things done way in advance.  Tuesday I had a test on SPSS, the computer program used in my Market Research 2 class.  We basically had to learn the program in two days.  The test went okay, but it was intensely stressful.

A few things that did brighten my work-filled week were the purchase of my ukulele and Molly Martens, my sorority sister, visiting.  I'm in love with my ukulele and have already learned how to play All My Loving by The Beatles.  I got my ukulele, named Lily, the day Molly arrived.  Her visit may have interrupted my constant ukulele playing, but she did force me to do several touristy things I'd been meaning to do.  We went to the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, which is by far the coolest temple I've been to.  The Emerald Buddha is exactly that, a buddha made entirely from emerald, and is housed in the most beautiful setting.  Every building shines with gems and is unbelievably lavish.  The Grand Palace is pretty sweet too.  I definitely wouldn't mind living there.  It was so hot out, that by the time we got to Wat Arun, I wouldn't even climb all the way to the top.

Molly also wanted to visit JJ market, so we went Saturday morning.  For those of you who don't remember, I've described JJ market as the largest, most overwhelming market ever, and it has everything you could ever possibly want to purchase.  I got a purse, a backpack, placemats, 2 pillowcases, 3 necklaces, 4 bracelets, a ring, a belt, 4 pairs of fishermen pants, a tank top, and a new iPhone cover for so, so little.  I was very happy with my bargaining skills.

Once Molly left, I spent the rest of the weekend comatose.  The final week of classes began and I was greeted with two presentations and two research papers.  As many Americans know, there's no rest for the weary!  This week we have a farewell dinner at a rooftop restaurant in downtown and this weekend I go back to Chiang Mai to ride elephants!  It's the coolest thing ever, check the link: http://www.pataraelephantfarm.com/

Then, there's finals and my travels to the Southern Islands, Bali, and then I fly home.  And I've obviously already decided what my first meal back in the States is going to be: In N' Out.

Finally, for those of you who have missed my uber-obnoxious facebook posts, my genius baby brother is a Trojan and will be joining me at USC next year!  Just thought I'd make sure everyone knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment