Sunday, January 23, 2011

How I Suffer...

I get back from Koh Chang and what happens?  I get food poisoning.  However, my version of food poisoning is my stomach intensely cramping for two days.  No bueno.  I don't really know what did it, but all I know is the smell of Thai food really makes me nauseous so I'm guessing it was probably that.  Oh well.  It had to happen sometime and it's kind of good it happened sooner rather than later.

Once I could finally crawl out of my bed, I went on an adventure to find a swimsuit in Central Bangkok.  No luck, I'm afraid.  Me being the true genius I am forgot one of my two functional swim suit bottoms at home so I guess the parentals will just have to send me some more (thanks Mom and Dad).

However, I did find THE BEST THING EVER on this journey yesterday...a western market.  Oh yeah.  They had avocados!  $2 USD a pop, but it was so worth it.  I made some mean guacamole and it tasted like home.  I also got nectarines.  But with all the things they had (including Lawry's seasoning salt) they didn't have salsa.  What?!  I have to say I was offended.  The upstairs wine shop almost didn't make up for my intense disappointment.  I did say almost, right?

Imagine this, two MASSIVE rooms filled floor to ceiling with whine.  That is what my heaven looks like.  Include a little bit of the cheese and cracker section we had downstairs and I am good to go for a week.  I honestly think I'll be going there every week.  It was just very nice to, at the least, see things that reminded me of home.  I love Thailand, but it is very foreign, so seeing some Lawry's on a grocery store's shelf was very comforting.

I also watched Harry Potter 6 this past week with one of the exchange students.  She was writing down words she didn't understand, and one of them was whereof.  I know it's a preposition but I can't use it in a sentence for the life of me.  So, if any of you could bust out that old-fashioned diction and help us out, I'd appreciate it.

On a much sadder note, my camera was stolen.  So, if you were hoping for some pictures of the wonderful rooms of wine or of all the exchange students duh duh duh dancing, you're out of luck.  I wasn't the only one who got totally screwed that night.  Another girl got her camera stolen, a third girl got 2000 baht (~$67) stolen, and a guy got his iphone taken.  Sad, sad night for the exchange students.

Since I'm generally a positive thinking person and like things happy here's a list of the perks Bangkok has to offer:
1) 24 hour McDonald's delivery
2) Double Big Mac at McDonald's (instead of two patties you get four)
3) $15 two hour long massage that's not relaxing but still amazing

This list can go on and on, but I wanted to name the things that have occurred at least this week.

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how jealous I am of the McDonalds delivery... America should have this- I'm convinced drunk driving would be eliminated. Keep enjoying the solo Obesity Tour!

    ReplyDelete