Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Night Before

Not only is the title of this post the same as one of my favorite Beatles songs, it is also the literal time I'm in.  I leave for Thailand in less than 24 hours, and I can't sleep.  I figure that's typical and probably helpful since I have an 18 hour flight ahead of me (no layover thank goodness).  I've spent a semester preparing for my time in Bangkok and am oh so excited for it to begin.


The fact that I'm writing this blog is almost as big a step as moving across the Pacific for five months.  Normally, I'm against them, but I don't feel like telling the same story 9 times over; so, if you're reading this, I thank you for making my life a little bit easier and I hope I am able to inform and entertain.


I can't say the road has been particularly easy when discussing my preparation for Thailand.  A lot of went into getting ready for this trip, and most of you probably know, preparation and planning are not my forte.  But here I am, ready as I'll ever be for my time abroad, and I cannot wait to share my experiences with you.


The next time I post I'll be on the other side of the globe, so if I don't see any of you before I leave goodbye and I'll miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment