Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I got a camera! I got a camera! I got a camera! Hey, hey, hey, hey!

Never fear my wonderful followers: this will be the last blog devoid of pictures.  Yesterday I went to MBK which is the largest shopping complex in Bangkok.  It may not technically be the largest by size, but the range and pure amount of crap they have beats everyone.

I went to every camera store in there and in the last one I found my exact camera!  Apparently it was an older model, but I didn't like the zoom on the newer one and was so happy to find it.  This one is blue instead of black, but I can live with my camera being my favorite color.

Can I also just say, that whoever thought hmmm three hour long classes are a great idea was out of their mind!  The classes here are technically three hours long, but you're never actually there for three hours.  Class doesn't start until 15 after the original start times and my breaks have been up to 45 mins long.  It's just awful being in the same place for    three    hours.  I don't like to go to class a lot back home really (especially when it's unnecessary) and here with mandatory 70% attendance I might die.  However, I do have a four day weekend soooo that's pretty sweet.  My Wednesday is everyone else's Friday.

We tried this AMAZING Italian place Tuesday night.  The owner is from Italy and I went with Marigrazia (Italian exchange student) and I have never seen her that happy.  I now know what real pizza is, and I love it.  One day I am staying in Italy for an extended period of time and gaining at least twenty pounds instead of losing weight like I am here.

I'll bore you only a little longer with my only words post to share with you that yes, the owner of the Italian restaurant did live in Mexico for a few years running an Italian restaurant, and yes he did tell us the place of a restaurant with good Mexican food.  He said it's a little expensive, but at this point I would give my left hand for some rice and beans and two enchiladas.

1 comment:

  1. obsessed with the title. also similarly missing mexican food. ashap and i spoke at lengths today about how we miss taco bell haha...

    ReplyDelete